GCP Cloud Assembly
Cloud Assembly allows you to choose and assemble all the resources intended to be protected and recovered.
GCP Cloud Assembly Creation
To create a new GCP Cloud Assembly in Appranix, follow the below steps:
In General Information,
- Enter the Cloud Assembly name and description
- Select the Cloud Connection for which the resources have to be protected
- Select the primary region from where the resources are to be recovered
Under Advanced section,
- In Snapshot Protection Type, option to select Multi-Regional or Regional protection is available.
- By default, Multi-Regional protection will be selected. If you choose to store your snapshots in the selected regions only and not globally, then choose Regional protection.
Google Cloud uses the default location, which stores the snapshots in a Cloud Storage multi-regional location closest to the region of the source disk. Example: If us-central1-a is the source disk, then the snapshot will be created in the US multi-region location. Note: Only one snapshot will be created in the multi-regional location.
Select Regional option to choose a maximum of 2 recovery regions (selected during Cloud Connection creation), to create a timeline in the chosen regions. NOTE: Extra Costs might be incurred if you choose more than one region. Snapshot will be created in all the selected regions.
- Select the resources that need to be protected based on Selected Resources or using the labels
- Selection using Labels can be made by matching all labels or matching at least label
In Protection Policy,
- Select a protection policy to protect the resources
- Protection policy can be used to define the time at which the snapshot has to be taken and the number of snapshots to be retained using a retention count
- A policy template can be created to fit the protection needs best
- To know more about creating a new protection policy template, click here
- The policy can be activated as by the scheduled policy, immediately triggering one policy or by delaying to the specific time
- Review the general information, resource information, and the protection policy details provided
- Edit the details if required and proceed to finish and create a Cloud Assembly
Once a GCP Cloud Assembly is created, you can find the ACTIONS in the top right corner.
Option to rename, disable or delete a Cloud Assembly is provided inside actions
Select CONFIGURATION to configure the Webhooks or to choose Snapshot Protection Type (Multi-Regional/Regional)
Webhooks are HTTP/HTTPS callbacks that can be triggered pre- or post-recovery or post-reset. Click here to know more about webhooks