GCP Cloud Assembly
Cloud Assembly allows you to choose and assemble all the resources intended to be protected and recovered.
GCP Cloud Assembly Creation
To create a new GCP Cloud Assembly in Appranix, follow the below steps:
In General Information,
- Enter the Cloud Assembly name and description
- Select the Cloud Connection for which the resources have to be protected
- Select the primary region from where the resources are to be recovered
- Select the resources that need to be protected based on Selected Resources or using the labels
- Selection using Labels can be made by matching all labels or matching at least label
In Protection Policy,
- Select a protection policy to protect the resources
- Protection policy can be used to define the time at which the snapshot has to be taken and the number of snapshots to be retained using a retention count
- A policy template can be created to fit the protection needs best
- To create a new protection policy template, click here
- The policy can be activated as by the scheduled policy, immediately triggering one policy or by delaying to the specific time
- Review the general information, resource information, and the protection policy details provided
- Edit the details if required and proceed to finish and create a Cloud Assembly
Once a GCP Cloud Assembly is created, you can find the ACTIONS in the top right corner.
- Option to rename, disable or delete a Cloud Assembly is provided inside actions
- Select CONFIGURATION to configure the Webhooks.
- Webhooks are HTTP/HTTPS callbacks that can be triggered pre- or post-recovery or post-reset. Click here to know more about webhooks