Connect to AWS Accounts
The appranix account authentication and authorization to perform the relevant functions. To enable access, proceed with the following steps.
- Navigate to "Cloud Connections" and click "Add Cloud Connection"
- Fill the Name & the Description for the connection, choose AWS as the cloud provider
- Select the primary and recovery regions
- Enable the services required
- Launch the CloudFormation template in your AWS console
- After the execution, copy the ARN number from the output section of the CloudFormation screen
- Register the cloud and wait for the progress of the connection to see the discovered resources
If you have technical challenges in the above step, you may have problems with one or more of the following items.
- Permission to launch CloudFormation
- You don't have permission to create an IAM role
- The copied ARN from the output is not valid, possible copy-paste error
- The newly created role is removed or blocked before the discovery process
- There is a network outage or AWS response delay that causes the discovery to delay longer due to Exponential Backoff