Appranix provides options to configure webhooks for the three main events such as pre-recovery, post-recovery, and post-reset. Whenever any one of the above events occurs, the URL configured in the webhook is triggered. The webhook call is a post HTTP/HTTPS call. Appranix recommends using HTTPS endpoints to ensure secure communication.
Steps to configure the webhooks
- Choose the cloud assembly and click the "ACTIONS" button from the top right corner
- Select the "CONFIGURATION" option under "ACTIONS"
- Select "ADD WEBHOOK" under the "WEBHOOKS" tab
Select the events you want to be notified about. Three types of event triggers are supported by Appranix,
- Provide the webhook URL and if required, enter the timeout duration for the webhook execution
- The webhook configuration can be edited or deleted
- Edit the “Pre-recovery” webhook configuration to choose the “Fail On Error” option to avoid retries for a failed recovery
- If the “Pre-recovery” webhook event fails after three retries, the recovery will be marked as a failure
- In case of an event failure, that particular webhook is re-triggered for a maximum count of three retries, with a one-minute interval
Appranix now supports only the POST method.
For more details on the supported resource types in JSON and sample payload,