To initiate the recovery from Cloud Assembly, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to “Cloud Assemblies” in the left navigation menu
- Select a Cloud Assembly to recover
- Select the “Timeline” tab, which will list down all the timeline events for that Cloud Assembly
- Select a fully protected timeline for recovery. It will open the protection details of the Cloud Assembly for that point in time.
- From the “Timeline Details,” select “RECOVER” in the top right corner
- Enter a name for the recovery and select the recovery type
- Select the recovery regions from the list of recovery regions selected during the Cloud Connection configuration, and choose to recover the “Entire Assembly” or only the “Selected Resources”
- Click “Recover” to recover the protected resources
Appranix covers the following recovery scenarios during the protected resources recovery. The selected resources recovery will only recover the resources of the selected “resource groups”.
Other region recovery
The user can recover the entire assembly or only the selected resource groups to the recovery region. Appranix creates a new resource group and recovers all the protected resources from the chosen resource group or the entire assembly to the recovery region.
Delete recovered resources
Appranix allows the deletion of recovered resources using the RESET option. The reset of the recovered instances can be scheduled or performed on demand. The reset helps to delete the recovered resources and roll back the Azure resources to the original state. Resetting helps to reduce the Azure cloud cost that can incur due to recovery testing.
- Recovery can be deleted by either scheduling a reset or by triggering a reset immediately.
- The reset schedule can either be set while configuring recovery or after the completion of recovery
- Schedule a reset by choosing the number of hours or days after which the reset has to be triggered
- Select the “Reset Now” option to trigger reset immediately
- The “Recovery Details” tab has the list of recoveries with essential details of the recovery along with the status of the reset
- Once the reset action is triggered, the reset status changes to “Reset In Progress.” When deleted, it changes to “Reset completed”
- The “Recovery Logs” tab contains recovery and reset logs. It provides all the details of the execution for recovery, and the reset process details